Turkey's Elastron to invest in compounding plant in US
The company’s first plant outside Turkey is expected to start operating with two extrusion lines with a total annual production capacity of 3,500 metric tons. However, the plant’s total capacity is planned to reach 6,000 metric tons by 2020.
The company is planning to conduct test operations at its new facility in the first quarter of next year while commercial production is slated to begin by June-July 2018.
The company is also aiming to build a facility in China by 2020 in line with its plans to expand its presence in international markets. The company already has offices in Detroit and Shanghai as well as a warehouse located in Hong Kong.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PET markets on uptrend, yet cautiousness persists
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks