Turkey's Elastron to invest in compounding plant in US
The company’s first plant outside Turkey is expected to start operating with two extrusion lines with a total annual production capacity of 3,500 metric tons. However, the plant’s total capacity is planned to reach 6,000 metric tons by 2020.
The company is planning to conduct test operations at its new facility in the first quarter of next year while commercial production is slated to begin by June-July 2018.
The company is also aiming to build a facility in China by 2020 in line with its plans to expand its presence in international markets. The company already has offices in Detroit and Shanghai as well as a warehouse located in Hong Kong.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe