Turkey’s GDP grows 1.6% in third quarter
Among the activities which constitute gross domestic product, the total value added increased by 1% in the agricultural sector, 0.3% in the industry sector and 4.5% in the services sector. The figure decreased by 5.3% in the construction sector when compared with the third quarter of 2017.
Calendar adjusted GDP also increased by 2.1% year-on-year while seasonally and calendar adjusted GDP decreased by 1.1% compared with the previous quarter.
In November, household final consumption expenditure and government final consumption expenditure increased by 1.1% and 7.5%, respectively; while gross fixed capital formation decreased by 3.8% in the third quarter of 2018 compared with the same quarter of the previous year.
The data also showed that exports of goods and services increased by 13.6%, while imports decreased by 16.7% on a yearly basis during the third quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon
- PP sellers trim May offers further, prices hit 3-month low in Europe