Turkey’s H1 imports of Egyptian homo PP jump on year
Following Saudi Arabia, Egypt remained as the second top homo PP supplier to the country as the country’s exports to Turkey in June climbed 6% to 20,624 tons from May. When compared with June 2015, the figure surged more than 200%. In the first six months of 2016, imports from Egypt hit 122,803 tons, a 70% jump compared to the first half of 2015.
Turkey’s total polymer imports hit a record high in the first half of 2016 since ChemOrbis began keeping records in 2000.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand