Turkey’s H1 imports of Iranian PS surge 58% on year
During the first half of 2016, Turkey imported 9106 tons of Iranian PS, up 58% with respect to the first 6 months of 2015 when 3807 tons of polystyrene were imported from the country.
Turkey’s overall PS imports from Iran soared by 165% in June this year and neared 3000 tons compared to May figures. On a year over year basis, imports of Iranian PS posted a steep hike of 114% in June.
For PS, overall imports including GPPS and HIPS recorded a gain of 2% on a yearly basis in the first six months of 2016. Turkey imported 22,104 tons of PS in June, up about 5.8% on the month while also up 15.8% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December