Turkey’s H1 imports of Iranian PS surge 58% on year
During the first half of 2016, Turkey imported 9106 tons of Iranian PS, up 58% with respect to the first 6 months of 2015 when 3807 tons of polystyrene were imported from the country.
Turkey’s overall PS imports from Iran soared by 165% in June this year and neared 3000 tons compared to May figures. On a year over year basis, imports of Iranian PS posted a steep hike of 114% in June.
For PS, overall imports including GPPS and HIPS recorded a gain of 2% on a yearly basis in the first six months of 2016. Turkey imported 22,104 tons of PS in June, up about 5.8% on the month while also up 15.8% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand