Turkey’s H1 imports of Iranian PS surge 58% on year
During the first half of 2016, Turkey imported 9106 tons of Iranian PS, up 58% with respect to the first 6 months of 2015 when 3807 tons of polystyrene were imported from the country.
Turkey’s overall PS imports from Iran soared by 165% in June this year and neared 3000 tons compared to May figures. On a year over year basis, imports of Iranian PS posted a steep hike of 114% in June.
For PS, overall imports including GPPS and HIPS recorded a gain of 2% on a yearly basis in the first six months of 2016. Turkey imported 22,104 tons of PS in June, up about 5.8% on the month while also up 15.8% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China homo-PP market keeps dropping as bearish factors prevail
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets signal further weakness towards year-end
- Asian styrenics rise cautiously as sellers wager on higher costs
- Is 6-month downturn over in European PP markets?
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia