Turkey’s H1 imports of Iranian PS surge 58% on year
During the first half of 2016, Turkey imported 9106 tons of Iranian PS, up 58% with respect to the first 6 months of 2015 when 3807 tons of polystyrene were imported from the country.
Turkey’s overall PS imports from Iran soared by 165% in June this year and neared 3000 tons compared to May figures. On a year over year basis, imports of Iranian PS posted a steep hike of 114% in June.
For PS, overall imports including GPPS and HIPS recorded a gain of 2% on a yearly basis in the first six months of 2016. Turkey imported 22,104 tons of PS in June, up about 5.8% on the month while also up 15.8% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike