Turkey’s H1 imports up only marginally, still at a record
Although the imports of PVC, LDPE, LLDPE, PET and ABS posted yearly increases in the January-June period, the contraction in the imports of PP, HDPE and PS counterbalanced the increase of other products and resulted in only a small increase in overall imports, the data revealed.
Turkey’s PVC imports were up by 5% in the first half of 2017 to 344,000 tons, while LLDPE and LDPE imports rose by 8.5% and 14% to 204,000 tons and 152,000 tons, respectively, year over year. ABS imports also rose by 11% to 10,000 tons in H1.
HDPE imports, however, were down by 14% to 318,000 tons during H1. The imports of PS decreased by 10.5% to 123,000 tons. PET imports, meanwhile, jumped 69% to 122,000 tons to hit a record high.
During the first 6 months of the year, imports for homo-PP were mostly unchanged when compared to the same period of last year at 797,000 tons. PP copolymer, however, imports posted a larger drop of 7.8% to stand at 141,000 tons from the same period of last year.
You can track Turkey’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure