Turkey’s H1 imports up only marginally, still at a record
Although the imports of PVC, LDPE, LLDPE, PET and ABS posted yearly increases in the January-June period, the contraction in the imports of PP, HDPE and PS counterbalanced the increase of other products and resulted in only a small increase in overall imports, the data revealed.
Turkey’s PVC imports were up by 5% in the first half of 2017 to 344,000 tons, while LLDPE and LDPE imports rose by 8.5% and 14% to 204,000 tons and 152,000 tons, respectively, year over year. ABS imports also rose by 11% to 10,000 tons in H1.
HDPE imports, however, were down by 14% to 318,000 tons during H1. The imports of PS decreased by 10.5% to 123,000 tons. PET imports, meanwhile, jumped 69% to 122,000 tons to hit a record high.
During the first 6 months of the year, imports for homo-PP were mostly unchanged when compared to the same period of last year at 797,000 tons. PP copolymer, however, imports posted a larger drop of 7.8% to stand at 141,000 tons from the same period of last year.
You can track Turkey’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem