Turkey’s H1 polymer imports rise y-o-y, PP and PVC take the lead
Saudi Arabia remained as the top polymer exporter of Turkey with approximately 562,000 tons of imports in the first six months, followed by South Korea and Iran.
In a product breakdown, PP and PVC imports contributed the most to the higher volume for the period, while imports of PE followed divergent paths depending on the product.
Imports of homo-PP increased 7% on a yearly basis to 853,000 tons while PP copolymer imports were up by 14.8% at 162,000 tons in H1. Imports of suspension PVC rose by 10% to stand at 379,000 tons compared to 344,000 tons/year in the first half of last year.
LDPE imports were down by 4% to 22,000 tons in H1, whereas imports of LLDPE were up by 11% to 40,000 tons in the period on a year-on-year basis. As for HDPE, imports were unchanged at 49,000 tons. In the meantime, imports of metallocene LLDPE were significantly down by 31% in H1 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market extends drops on competitive US cargos, lukewarm demand
- Vietnam’s import PP raffia market hits lowest since late 2016
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays