Turkey’s H1 polymer imports rise y-o-y, PP and PVC take the lead
Saudi Arabia remained as the top polymer exporter of Turkey with approximately 562,000 tons of imports in the first six months, followed by South Korea and Iran.
In a product breakdown, PP and PVC imports contributed the most to the higher volume for the period, while imports of PE followed divergent paths depending on the product.
Imports of homo-PP increased 7% on a yearly basis to 853,000 tons while PP copolymer imports were up by 14.8% at 162,000 tons in H1. Imports of suspension PVC rose by 10% to stand at 379,000 tons compared to 344,000 tons/year in the first half of last year.
LDPE imports were down by 4% to 22,000 tons in H1, whereas imports of LLDPE were up by 11% to 40,000 tons in the period on a year-on-year basis. As for HDPE, imports were unchanged at 49,000 tons. In the meantime, imports of metallocene LLDPE were significantly down by 31% in H1 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?