Turkey’s H1 polymer imports rise y-o-y, PP and PVC take the lead
Saudi Arabia remained as the top polymer exporter of Turkey with approximately 562,000 tons of imports in the first six months, followed by South Korea and Iran.
In a product breakdown, PP and PVC imports contributed the most to the higher volume for the period, while imports of PE followed divergent paths depending on the product.
Imports of homo-PP increased 7% on a yearly basis to 853,000 tons while PP copolymer imports were up by 14.8% at 162,000 tons in H1. Imports of suspension PVC rose by 10% to stand at 379,000 tons compared to 344,000 tons/year in the first half of last year.
LDPE imports were down by 4% to 22,000 tons in H1, whereas imports of LLDPE were up by 11% to 40,000 tons in the period on a year-on-year basis. As for HDPE, imports were unchanged at 49,000 tons. In the meantime, imports of metallocene LLDPE were significantly down by 31% in H1 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Competitive US PE offers emerge in SEA after latest round of US-China tariffs
- PET players question sustainability of recent upturn in Asia as low season nears
- PP, PE markets face stable to softer trend for the 5th month in a row in Mid-East, Africa
- Will upcoming restriction on shopping bags hamper demand in Turkey?
- PS market cautiously firms in Europe on heels of styrene
- Asian PVC players voice expectations for September pricing
- Global styrene markets spike on supply concerns
- How will China’s import PP market respond to firming locals, upcoming turnarounds?
- Saudi major adopts similar pricing policy for Aug PP, PE in export markets
- Tumbling currencies in Asia overshadow sellers’ search for bottom in PE prices