Turkey’s H1 polymer imports rise y-o-y, PP and PVC take the lead
Saudi Arabia remained as the top polymer exporter of Turkey with approximately 562,000 tons of imports in the first six months, followed by South Korea and Iran.
In a product breakdown, PP and PVC imports contributed the most to the higher volume for the period, while imports of PE followed divergent paths depending on the product.
Imports of homo-PP increased 7% on a yearly basis to 853,000 tons while PP copolymer imports were up by 14.8% at 162,000 tons in H1. Imports of suspension PVC rose by 10% to stand at 379,000 tons compared to 344,000 tons/year in the first half of last year.
LDPE imports were down by 4% to 22,000 tons in H1, whereas imports of LLDPE were up by 11% to 40,000 tons in the period on a year-on-year basis. As for HDPE, imports were unchanged at 49,000 tons. In the meantime, imports of metallocene LLDPE were significantly down by 31% in H1 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe