Turkey’s HDPE market receives support from tight supplies
A Middle Eastern PE producer has revealed $30/ton increases for HDPE film citing their lack of allocation, while their LDPE and LLDPE prices were stable to $10/ton firmer on the month.
“We were unable to receive replies for our inquiries as sellers of Uzbek film and b/m are yet to set their volumes or prices for Turkey. Plus, not much material is available from Iran with most film offers being given for 5110 grade. HDPE pipe black is also another product that faces limitations particularly for Middle Eastern origins,” players noted.
A packaging converter stated, “We continued to buy on our needs basis in December amidst slight discounts from PE suppliers up until very recently. For HDPE, we believe that prices will move up by $20-30/ton despite the low season as prompt supplies are tight.” Another buyer reported that he is covered for 10 days now, but he plans to make HDPE film inquiries after holiday.
“Overseas suppliers have allocated moderate volumes to Turkey in the recent months as they prefer other destinations to sell citing better netbacks. We hope that supply may ease in February due to New Year holiday in China,” a seller remarked.
According to the weekly average data from ChemOrbis Price Index, Turkey’s HDPE film market continues to trade almost $115/ton below the prices in China even after the easing in that market by late December. This supports the expectations for possible HDPE hikes in the coming days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets