Turkey’s Jan PS imports from Iran spike year on year
Iran was counted as the third top supplier of Turkey during the whole 2016 with more than 22,100 tons of PS exports, following the domestic producer, Aschem (67,960 tons) and Belgium (43,310 tons). Moreover, Iran’s market share in Turkey’s PS market was almost 9% during last year, up from a 3% recorded in the previous year.
Meanwhile, overall PS imports were up by 11% to 20.370 tons in January month over month, while they rose by 5% from the same month of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September