Turkey’s Jan polymer imports rise 6.5% on month, 2.5% on year
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in January were Saudi Arabia with 71,638 tons, followed by South Korea (28,856 tons), Iran (28,436), Belgium (23,123 tons) and France (21,709 tons).
In January, homo-PP imports were up by 5% to 126,211 tons compared with the previous month while they dropped by about 2.5% from the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in January with 41,174 tons, followed by Egypt (15,371 tons), Iran (11,049 tons) and Israel (8,476 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s January imports were up by 20% on the month at 24,237 tons while they remained unchanged compared with the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 4,932 tons in January.
Imports for LLDPE declined by 9% on the month to 29,888 tons in January while they moved up by around 15.5% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 9,816 tons.
Imports for LDPE fell by around 4% month over month to 25,470 tons in January while they increased by around 66.5% compared with the same month of 2016. The top three exporters were Azerbaijan (3,288 tons), Belgium (3,218 tons) and Sweden (2,529 tons). January HDPE imports increased by around 24.5% on a monthly basis to 56,239 tons while imports for HDPE were flat from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (11,087 tons), Iran (7,642 tons) and South Korea (6,560 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports were up by around 34% from a month earlier to 71,203 tons in January. On a yearly basis, PVC imports also moved up by about 24.5%. France was at the top of the January PVC import list with 14,997 tons, followed by Spain (7,160 tons) and Mexico (6,565 tons).
Turkey imported 20,369 tons of PS in January, up by about 11% on the month and by 5% on the year. Belgium remained as the top supplier with 6,816 tons of exports. ABS imports, meanwhile, increased by 22% month over month to 10,615 tons in January while they remained unchanged on a yearly basis. South Korea remained as the top supplier with 6,072 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF