Turkey’s July polymer imports down 22.2% on the month
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in July were Saudi Arabia with 57,049 tons, followed by South Korea (40,351 tons), Iran (22,371 tons), Egypt (16,824 tons) and Belgium (14,661 tons).
In July, homo-PP imports were down around 27.8% to around 94,610 tons compared with the previous month while imports also fell about 7.1% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in July with 29,730 tons, followed by Egypt (12,712 tons) and South Korea (10,262 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s July imports declined about 9.3% on the month to 21,714 tons from 23,955 in June while it was also down 11.2% compared with the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 5,695 tons in July.
Imports for LLDPE slid around 28.3% on the month to 24,483 tons in July while they moved down by around 5.1% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 8,440 tons.
Imports for LDPE rose about 9.6% month over month to 22,094 tons while also rising around 17.6% compared with the same month of 2015. The top three exporters were Azerbaijan (6,147 tons), Saudi Arabia (3,329 tons), and Spain (2,128 tons). July HDPE imports, however, decreased around 24% on a monthly basis to 40,283 tons while imports for HDPE fell around 8.6% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (9,295 tons), Uzbekistan (9,133 tons) and South Korea (8,345 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports also dipped around 15.9% from a month earlier to reach 54,538 tons in July. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports also fell about 2.1%. France was at the top of the July PVC import list with 8,742 tons, followed by USA (7,918 tons) and South Korea (6,623 tons).
Turkey imported 17,028 tons of PS in July, down about 22.9% on the month while also down 9.8% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 4,817 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, slipped 4.8% month over month to 8,253 tons in July while imports were also down 6.6% on a yearly basis from 8,844 tons in July 2015. South Korea remained the top supplier with 4,612 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle declined around 49.4% month over month to 9,986 tons in July while imports fell by 24.9% from the 13.300 tons reported in the same month of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe