Turkey’s June polymer imports up 7.2% on the month
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in June were Saudi Arabia with 85,717 tons, followed by South Korea (44,134 tons), Iran (25,652 tons), Egypt (23,426 tons) and USA (20,446 tons).
In June, homo-PP imports were up about 9.6% to around 131,118 tons compared with the previous month while imports also rose around 21.5% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in June with 52,020 tons, followed by Egypt 20,624 (19,448 tons) and India (11,992 tons).
For PP copolymer, however, Turkey’s June imports declined about 10.3% on the month to 23,955 tons from 26,717 in June while it was also down 2.9% compared with the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 6,542 tons in June.
Imports for LLDPE climbed around 28.1% on the month to 34,164 tons in June while they moved up by around 28.2% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,905 tons.
Imports for HDPE and LDPE continued to post declines on a monthly basis in June. LDPE imports fell about 14.6% month over month to 20,160 tons while declining around 14% compared with the same month of 2015. The tops three exporters were Saudi Arabia (4,182 tons), Azerbaijan (2,483 tons) and Germany (2,310 tons). June HDPE imports decreased about 12.8% on a monthly basis to 53,005 tons while imports for HDPE increased around 2.9% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (11,147 tons), Uzbekistan (8,794 tons) and South Korea (8,698 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports surged around 34.5% from a month earlier to reach 64,877 tons in June. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports also rose about 11.8%. USA was at the top of the June PVC import list with 15,534 tons, followed by France (8,039 tons) and Brasil (7,725 tons).
Turkey imported 22,104 tons of PS in June, up about 5.8% on the month while also up 15.8% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 6,522 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, edged up by 0.1% month over month to 8,674 tons in June while imports were down 23.1% on a yearly basis from 11,288 tons in June 2015. South Korea remained the top supplier with 6,254 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle jumped around 78.1% month over month to 19,761 tons in June while imports surged by 127% from the 8,643 tons reported in the same month of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note