Turkey’s March industrial output rises on year
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production increased 2.9% in March. In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased by 3.4% while the mining and quarrying index was down 3.8%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.6% in March.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported for manufacturing of computer, electronic and optical products at 21.7% while the manufacturing of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations posted the steepest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 13.5% in March.
In the first quarter of 2016, Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted industrial production advanced 1.5% on the quarter while calendar adjusted industrial production increased 4.7% compared with the same quarter of the preceding year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months