Turkey’s March industrial output rises on year
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production increased 2.9% in March. In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased by 3.4% while the mining and quarrying index was down 3.8%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.6% in March.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported for manufacturing of computer, electronic and optical products at 21.7% while the manufacturing of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations posted the steepest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 13.5% in March.
In the first quarter of 2016, Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted industrial production advanced 1.5% on the quarter while calendar adjusted industrial production increased 4.7% compared with the same quarter of the preceding year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem