Turkey’s May PE imports increase except for HDPE
Turkey imported 25,000 tons of LDPE during May, stable from the same month of 2018. For LLDPE, imports climbed by 6% to 52,000 tons year-on-year.
Meanwhile, imports of HDPE stood at 48,000 tons in May, down by 13% from the same month of 2018. Polymer demand in Turkey has been muted throughout May while end markets displayed a weak performance particularly for HDPE film and pipe products, according to common view.
In an origin breakdown, the top exporter of Turkey was Azerbaijan for LDPE, followed by Saudi Arabia and Iran. Regarding LLDPE, Saudi Arabia was the top supplier, followed by the USA. Turkey’s top suppliers of HDPE film were Saudi Arabia, Iran and the US, respectively.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness