Turkey’s May PE imports increase except for HDPE
Turkey imported 25,000 tons of LDPE during May, stable from the same month of 2018. For LLDPE, imports climbed by 6% to 52,000 tons year-on-year.
Meanwhile, imports of HDPE stood at 48,000 tons in May, down by 13% from the same month of 2018. Polymer demand in Turkey has been muted throughout May while end markets displayed a weak performance particularly for HDPE film and pipe products, according to common view.
In an origin breakdown, the top exporter of Turkey was Azerbaijan for LDPE, followed by Saudi Arabia and Iran. Regarding LLDPE, Saudi Arabia was the top supplier, followed by the USA. Turkey’s top suppliers of HDPE film were Saudi Arabia, Iran and the US, respectively.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November