Turkey’s Nov polymer imports rise 17% on month, fall 4% on year
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in November were Saudi Arabia with 87,886 tons, followed by Iran (34,708 tons), South Korea (29,726), Egypt (24,447 tons) and France (23,039 tons).
In November, homo-PP imports were up around 12% to 139,813 tons compared with the previous month while imports also dropped about 3% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in November with 50,165 tons, followed by Egypt (22,505 tons), Iran (9,885 tons) and India (7,863 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s November imports were up on the month at 23,426 tons while they were down 8% compared with the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 5,719 tons in November.
Imports for LLDPE dropped on the month at 26,829 tons in November while they moved further down by around 20% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 9,815 tons.
Imports for LDPE rose by around 28% month over month to 31,929 tons in November while they increased further around 45% compared with the same month of 2015. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (6,837 tons), Azerbaijan (4,116 tons), and Belgium (3,271 tons). November HDPE imports increased by 32% on a monthly basis to 57,502 tons while imports for HDPE dropped by around 5% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (15,053 tons), Iran (11,972tons) and Uzbekistan (8,414 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports were also up around 26% from a month earlier to 49,464 tons in November. On a yearly basis, however, PVC imports dropped down about 18%. France was at the top of the November PVC import list with 16,382 tons, followed by Spain (7,471 tons) and Mexico (5,200 tons).
Turkey imported 20,670 tons of PS in November, a jump of about 17% on the month while down around 12,5% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 5,544 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, rose 12.5% month over month to 9,124 tons in November while they were down 10% on a yearly basis. South Korea remained the top supplier with 6,377 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle increased around 56% month over month to 11,278 tons in November while they increased by 22% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe