Turkey’s Oct polymer imports fall 2% on month, 22% on year
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in October were Saudi Arabia with 75,878 tons, followed by South Korea (27,554 tons), Egypt (26,031 tons, Iran (25,711 tons), and France (19,941 tons).
In October, homo-PP imports were up around 15% to 125,126 tons compared with the previous month while imports also dropped about 13% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in October with 40,144 tons, followed by Egypt (25,439 tons), India (10,319 tons) and Iran (7,898 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s October imports were mostly unchanged on the month at 21,752 tons while they were also down 8% compared with the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 5,842 tons in October.
Imports for LLDPE were mostly flat on the month at 28,482 tons in October while they moved down by around 18% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,487 tons.
Imports for LDPE fell by around 4% month over month to 24,683 tons while they increased around 4% compared with the same month of 2015. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (5,988 tons), Azerbaijan (3,402 tons), and Germany (2,139 tons). October HDPE imports dropped 4.4% on a monthly basis to 43,388 tons while imports for HDPE slumped by around 27% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (12,772 tons), Iran (8,038tons) and Uzbekistan (5,027 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports also fell around 24% from a month earlier to 38,538 tons in October. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports also dropped down about 47%. France was at the top of the October PVC import list with 14,984 tons, followed by Mexico (8,053 tons) and Spain (5,063 tons).
Turkey imported 18,130 tons of PS in October, a jump of about 13% on the month while down around 25% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 6,399 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, fell 11% month over month to 7,794 tons in October while imports were mostly unchanged on a yearly basis. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,305 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle decreased around 41% month over month to 6,852 tons in October while imports decreased by the same amount on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?