Turkey’s October polymer imports down slightly on month, up notably on year
The top polymer exporters to Turkey remained as Saudi Arabia with 107,896 tons, followed by South Korea (50,953 tons), Iran (45,365 tons), Egypt (22,241 tons) and Belgium (22,147 tons) in October.
Homo-PP imports were down by 9% to 150,744 tons compared to September. This decrease was considered natural as there was a record amount of imports made in September on a monthly basis. Meanwhile, October homo PP imports were up by 21% from the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia remained as the top homo-PP exporter in October with 63,611 tons, followed by Egypt (14,958 tons), South Korea (12,990 tons), Iran (12,548 tons) and India (9,516 tons).
For PP copolymer, meanwhile, Turkey’s October imports were up by 2.3% on the month to 27,221 tons while they increased 20% compared with the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 7,416 tons in October.
Imports for LLDPE were down by 1.7% on the month while they rose 36% year-over-year to 44,388 tons in October. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 15,146 tons, followed by Iran (7,934 tons) and Singapore (5,805 tons). In the meantime, Turkey imported 7,881 tons of mLLDPE in October, up 7% from September.
Imports for LDPE were up 45% month over month to 26,132 tons in October. Imports were also up by 4% compared to the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of Turkey with 5,584 tons, followed by Qatar (3,478 tons) and Belgium (3,121 tons).
HDPE imports were down by 11% in October on a monthly basis to 58,548 tons while they soared by 25.8% from a year earlier. Iran took over Saudi Arabia to become the top exporter of Turkey with 17,081 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (11,848 tons) and South Korea (8,243 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports dropped 3.6% from a month earlier to 72,328 tons in October. On a yearly basis, PVC imports were up 85% though. The top PVC suppliers were France (11,687 tons), the US (8,629 tons) and Mexico (7,368 tons).
Regarding styrenics, Turkey imported 17,792 tons of PS in October, down by 36% on the month and 1.8% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 5,221 tons of exports. ABS imports rose 12% month over month to 14,245 tons in October, whereas they surged 45% on a yearly basis. South Korea remained as the top supplier with 8,850.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s October imports for PET bottle were down by 2.4% month over month to 20.452 tons. They spiked 66% on a yearly basis, however.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem