Turkey’s PP copolymer market faces rapid hikes on tightness
“Main Korean producers including SK Global, Hanwha Total and LG Chem are unable to offer any January shipment cargos amid a lack of container and booking space from the region. Moreover, soaring freights raised the cost of imports further,” players said. A trader is still waiting for 2 containers of copolymer that he had secured from South Korea.
No South Korean import offers were affirmed at the time of writing, while Saudi Arabian prices were reported at $1300-1320/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. “Prices posted noteworthy increases considering done deals at $1160-1170/ton back in November for dutiable origins,” said a buyer.
In the distribution channel, PPBC injection offers moved above the $1800/ton threshold to be quoted between $1800-1850/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The range jumped $150/ton on both ends week over week, while transactions were confirmed at or close to the low end.
According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the local PPBC market has last broke above this threshold in June 2018, the weekly average data suggested.
PPRC injection offers rose to $1850/ton with the same terms with prices as high as $1890/ton being targeted by sellers due to low stocks at the time of publication.
A copolymer buyer said, “We had to pay large hikes this month when compared to our previous purchases since we fell short in supply given delivery delays from Asia.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year