Turkey’s PP market comes back on par with China after 3 months
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
PP prices in China have been on a softening path since mid-December due to gradually slowing activity ahead of the New Year holiday that will start by end January. On the contrary, Turkey’s import PP market has been on a rise since the end of November supported by limited quotas from Middle Eastern and Iranian supply sources.
This week, Middle Eastern homo PP raffia prices stand at $1020-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, flat week over week amidst hesitant demand due to sharply lower Turkish TL against American dollar and euro. Meanwhile, prices on CFR China basis are reported at around $1020-1050/ton for regional origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China