Turkey’s PP market comes back on par with China after 3 months
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
PP prices in China have been on a softening path since mid-December due to gradually slowing activity ahead of the New Year holiday that will start by end January. On the contrary, Turkey’s import PP market has been on a rise since the end of November supported by limited quotas from Middle Eastern and Iranian supply sources.
This week, Middle Eastern homo PP raffia prices stand at $1020-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, flat week over week amidst hesitant demand due to sharply lower Turkish TL against American dollar and euro. Meanwhile, prices on CFR China basis are reported at around $1020-1050/ton for regional origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East