Turkey’s PP market comes back on par with China after 3 months
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
PP prices in China have been on a softening path since mid-December due to gradually slowing activity ahead of the New Year holiday that will start by end January. On the contrary, Turkey’s import PP market has been on a rise since the end of November supported by limited quotas from Middle Eastern and Iranian supply sources.
This week, Middle Eastern homo PP raffia prices stand at $1020-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, flat week over week amidst hesitant demand due to sharply lower Turkish TL against American dollar and euro. Meanwhile, prices on CFR China basis are reported at around $1020-1050/ton for regional origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook