Turkey’s PVC imports fall 16% in 2016
France remained the top supplier of Turkey with 147,397 tons over the past year, indicating an increase of 10% year on year. Mexico ranked the second top PVC exporter with 87,714 tons, achieving a 12% hike while the country took the place of the USA from which Turkey imported 78,409 tons of PVC in 2016. Imports of US PVC were down 38% from the whole 2015, bringing the country to the third place.
Turkey set the anti-dumping duty on American PVC at 18.81% of the CIF value in July 2015. Previously, the precaution against dumping had been set at the rate of $45/ton for the USA.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback