Turkey’s PVC imports fall 16% in 2016
France remained the top supplier of Turkey with 147,397 tons over the past year, indicating an increase of 10% year on year. Mexico ranked the second top PVC exporter with 87,714 tons, achieving a 12% hike while the country took the place of the USA from which Turkey imported 78,409 tons of PVC in 2016. Imports of US PVC were down 38% from the whole 2015, bringing the country to the third place.
Turkey set the anti-dumping duty on American PVC at 18.81% of the CIF value in July 2015. Previously, the precaution against dumping had been set at the rate of $45/ton for the USA.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers