Turkey’s PVC market hits 2-year-low
European PVC k67 prices have already broken below the $1000/ton threshold in November on CFR, cash basis with players reporting receiving initial offers from the region at $980-990/ton. “If we were to place firm bids, we may easily obtain $960-970/ton for European origins,” opined several buyers.
As for the US, k67 offers also hit the $900/ton threshold on CFR, cash, subject to 6.5% duty and $45/ton antidumping duty basis. The overall range was reported at $900-925/ton for k67 from the country for new shipments. Any offer below this $900/ton threshold is yet to be confirmed by players in Turkey while Egyptian players already reported offers at $875/ton on cash equivalent basis.
The local market has reached its lowest level for the past two years as well. Prompt cargoes were reported at $1250-1270/ton inc VAT for prompt cargoes while en-route cargoes were offered at $1220-1230/ton ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations