Turkey’s PVC market hits 2-year-low
European PVC k67 prices have already broken below the $1000/ton threshold in November on CFR, cash basis with players reporting receiving initial offers from the region at $980-990/ton. “If we were to place firm bids, we may easily obtain $960-970/ton for European origins,” opined several buyers.
As for the US, k67 offers also hit the $900/ton threshold on CFR, cash, subject to 6.5% duty and $45/ton antidumping duty basis. The overall range was reported at $900-925/ton for k67 from the country for new shipments. Any offer below this $900/ton threshold is yet to be confirmed by players in Turkey while Egyptian players already reported offers at $875/ton on cash equivalent basis.
The local market has reached its lowest level for the past two years as well. Prompt cargoes were reported at $1250-1270/ton inc VAT for prompt cargoes while en-route cargoes were offered at $1220-1230/ton ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices