Turkey’s PVC market size continues to contract
Players argue that the PVC market size could contract by as much as 10% for the full year of 2016 when the data for November and December statistics are revealed. “Even if 50,000 tons of imports are registered for the last two months of the year, which is not so likely considering the large-scale allocation cuts from Europe to Turkey, overall PVC imports for the full 2016 will still post a 13% decrease on the year,” said a trader.
Turkey’s Petkim, meanwhile, has a PVC plant with a nameplate production capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe