Turkey’s PVC market size continues to contract
Players argue that the PVC market size could contract by as much as 10% for the full year of 2016 when the data for November and December statistics are revealed. “Even if 50,000 tons of imports are registered for the last two months of the year, which is not so likely considering the large-scale allocation cuts from Europe to Turkey, overall PVC imports for the full 2016 will still post a 13% decrease on the year,” said a trader.
Turkey’s Petkim, meanwhile, has a PVC plant with a nameplate production capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?