Turkey’s PVC market size continues to contract
Players argue that the PVC market size could contract by as much as 10% for the full year of 2016 when the data for November and December statistics are revealed. “Even if 50,000 tons of imports are registered for the last two months of the year, which is not so likely considering the large-scale allocation cuts from Europe to Turkey, overall PVC imports for the full 2016 will still post a 13% decrease on the year,” said a trader.
Turkey’s Petkim, meanwhile, has a PVC plant with a nameplate production capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Energy consumption curbs start to bite Chinese petchem markets
- Spot PE markets yield to fading demand, better availability in Europe
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs