Turkey’s PVC market size continues to contract
Players argue that the PVC market size could contract by as much as 10% for the full year of 2016 when the data for November and December statistics are revealed. “Even if 50,000 tons of imports are registered for the last two months of the year, which is not so likely considering the large-scale allocation cuts from Europe to Turkey, overall PVC imports for the full 2016 will still post a 13% decrease on the year,” said a trader.
Turkey’s Petkim, meanwhile, has a PVC plant with a nameplate production capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia