Turkey’s Petkim announces financial results for Q2 2017
According to media reports, the company reported a net profit of 304 million TL ($85.4 million) for the April-June period, up significantly by 33% on the year. Petkim’s net sales witnessed a yearly increase of 56% over the same period to reach 1.836 billion TL ($516 million). The company’s stronger net sales helped push profits higher.
As for the first half of 2017, Petkim’s net profit was reported at 655 million TL ($184 million), up by 74% when compared to the same period of last year. The company’s net sales were 59% higher from last year to be reported at 3.6 billion TL ($1 billion). EBITDA (earnings before interest taxes depreciation and amortization) increased to 906 million TL ($255 million) in the January-June period of 2017, up by 110% from the same period of the previous year.
The company’s capacity utilization rate increased to 96% in the first half of the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia