Turkey’s Petkim expands 17% in 2014
Net income was reported at TRY8.7 million ($3.326 million) while the company’s total external sales reached $563.5 million in 2014.
The company stated that volatile prices in global markets negatively affected margins throughout the sector, but that they were able to maintain their turnover even after a scheduled maintenance lasting 120 days. The company’s gross production capacity reportedly increased 13% after the completion of some new investments.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient