Turkey’s Petkim faces protest at Aliaga facility
According to sources close to the company, Petkim’s production at Aliaga has not been affected from the protest. Regarding deliveries, some precautions have already been taken in case of possible delays. According to the sources, similar problems occasionally occur in the renewal process of collective labor agreements. The company is expected to resolve the problem soon.
Some polymers players commented, “In case the problem is not resolved, some disruptions may occur in prompt polymer supply particularly if demand improves after the Eid holiday.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe