Turkey’s Petkim: production lines run normally despite strike
Petkim’s CEO, Sadettin Korkut, stated that despite the labor strike, Petkim’s production lines are running at normal rates in Aliağa. Korkut also added, “We agreed with the labor union on all issues except the issue of salary increases, although we offered the most appropriate increase amount in terms of our company’s current financial position. As we cannot reach a final agreement, the issue has been moved to the High Board of Arbitration”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record