Turkey’s Petkim: production lines run normally despite strike
Petkim’s CEO, Sadettin Korkut, stated that despite the labor strike, Petkim’s production lines are running at normal rates in Aliağa. Korkut also added, “We agreed with the labor union on all issues except the issue of salary increases, although we offered the most appropriate increase amount in terms of our company’s current financial position. As we cannot reach a final agreement, the issue has been moved to the High Board of Arbitration”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem