Turkey’s Petkim: production lines run normally despite strike
Petkim’s CEO, Sadettin Korkut, stated that despite the labor strike, Petkim’s production lines are running at normal rates in Aliağa. Korkut also added, “We agreed with the labor union on all issues except the issue of salary increases, although we offered the most appropriate increase amount in terms of our company’s current financial position. As we cannot reach a final agreement, the issue has been moved to the High Board of Arbitration”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?