Turkey’s Petkim’s net profit surges in Q3
The company reported a net profit of 372 million TL ($96 million) for the July-September period, up significantly by 169% on the year. Petkim’s net sales also witnessed a yearly increase of 83% over the same period to reach 1.8 billion TL ($465 million).
During the first nine months of this year, Petkim’s exports surged by 66% to $544 million, surpassing the previous year’s total export volume.
The company’s EBITDA (earnings before interest taxes depreciation and amortization) increased to 424 million TL ($110 million) during the quarter, up by 145% from the same period of the previous year.
The company’s capacity utilization rate was reported at 96%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE