Turkey’s Petkim’s net profit surges in Q3
The company reported a net profit of 372 million TL ($96 million) for the July-September period, up significantly by 169% on the year. Petkim’s net sales also witnessed a yearly increase of 83% over the same period to reach 1.8 billion TL ($465 million).
During the first nine months of this year, Petkim’s exports surged by 66% to $544 million, surpassing the previous year’s total export volume.
The company’s EBITDA (earnings before interest taxes depreciation and amortization) increased to 424 million TL ($110 million) during the quarter, up by 145% from the same period of the previous year.
The company’s capacity utilization rate was reported at 96%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops