Turkey’s Petkim’s net profit surges in Q3
The company reported a net profit of 372 million TL ($96 million) for the July-September period, up significantly by 169% on the year. Petkim’s net sales also witnessed a yearly increase of 83% over the same period to reach 1.8 billion TL ($465 million).
During the first nine months of this year, Petkim’s exports surged by 66% to $544 million, surpassing the previous year’s total export volume.
The company’s EBITDA (earnings before interest taxes depreciation and amortization) increased to 424 million TL ($110 million) during the quarter, up by 145% from the same period of the previous year.
The company’s capacity utilization rate was reported at 96%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers