Turkey’s Petkim sells 30% of Petlim to Goldman Sachs
On July 18, Petkim had announced that it reached a preliminary deal to sell 30% of its shares in Petlim following talks that started in February.
Petlim will operate a planned new container port at Petkim’s facility in Aliaga, Turkey, which will be the largest and deepest container port in Turkey once it is completed.The capacity of the new port is expected to exceed the capacity of the nearby Alsancak port by about 50%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons