Turkey’s Petkim sells 30% of Petlim to Goldman Sachs
On July 18, Petkim had announced that it reached a preliminary deal to sell 30% of its shares in Petlim following talks that started in February.
Petlim will operate a planned new container port at Petkim’s facility in Aliaga, Turkey, which will be the largest and deepest container port in Turkey once it is completed.The capacity of the new port is expected to exceed the capacity of the nearby Alsancak port by about 50%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures