Turkey’s Petkim sells 30% of Petlim to Goldman Sachs
On July 18, Petkim had announced that it reached a preliminary deal to sell 30% of its shares in Petlim following talks that started in February.
Petlim will operate a planned new container port at Petkim’s facility in Aliaga, Turkey, which will be the largest and deepest container port in Turkey once it is completed.The capacity of the new port is expected to exceed the capacity of the nearby Alsancak port by about 50%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations