Turkey’s Plastics Sector will meet at Workshop on Strategic Developments
Murat Kökoğlu, the head of the Southeastern Plastic and Chemical Industry Association (GAPLASDER) and CEO of Köksan A.Ş., invited plastics sector representatives to the workshop, stating that GAPLASDER is the one and only foundation that represents plastics industrialists in the region. In addition, Kökoglu said that GAPLASDER aims to represent the sector and seeks to solve problems that players face through sectoral representations, vocational training in plastics as well as EU, KOSGEB and IGEME projects and fairs.
Kökoğlu highlighted that the 2023 vision is of significant importance for Turkey’s plastics sector and further added, “The 2023 vision of the plastics sector shines in terms of high-value added applications in advanced technology sectors like aviation, telecommunication, medical and defense. In addition, we aim to reduce outsourcing with increasing recycling to increase the energy efficiencies in manufacturing processes and meet 4%, or $18 billion, of Turkey’s export target of $500 billion and 30% of the chemical sector’s export target of $50 billion,”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high