Turkey’s STAR Refinery’s start-up date set for 2018
The STAR Refinery, which is the first refinery established in Turkey since 1984, was completed by 96.4% as of the end of October and the 97.5% of construction is expected to be finished by the end of 2017, the media reported.
The refinery will reportedly start operations in September 2018 and commence production.
Following its start-up, the refinery is planned to reduce Turkey’s dependency on foreign oil products with its 10 million ton/year of crude oil processing capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September