Turkey’s STAR Refinery’s start-up date set for 2018
The STAR Refinery, which is the first refinery established in Turkey since 1984, was completed by 96.4% as of the end of October and the 97.5% of construction is expected to be finished by the end of 2017, the media reported.
The refinery will reportedly start operations in September 2018 and commence production.
Following its start-up, the refinery is planned to reduce Turkey’s dependency on foreign oil products with its 10 million ton/year of crude oil processing capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe