Turkey’s STAR Refinery’s start-up date set for 2018
The STAR Refinery, which is the first refinery established in Turkey since 1984, was completed by 96.4% as of the end of October and the 97.5% of construction is expected to be finished by the end of 2017, the media reported.
The refinery will reportedly start operations in September 2018 and commence production.
Following its start-up, the refinery is planned to reduce Turkey’s dependency on foreign oil products with its 10 million ton/year of crude oil processing capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops