Turkey’s September polymer imports hit all-time-high
The top polymer exporters to Turkey remained as Saudi Arabia with 114,047 tons, followed by South Korea (53,070 tons), Iran (39,061 tons), Egypt (24,970 tons) and Belgium (24,185 tons) in September.
Homo-PP imports were up by 9.5% to 164,199 tons compared to August while they spiked 34% from the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia remained as the top homo-PP exporter in September with 67,249 tons, followed by Egypt (17,088 tons), South Korea (14, 533 tons), India (10,449 tons) and Israel (7,889 tons).
For PP copolymer, meanwhile, Turkey’s September imports plunged by 36% on the month to 26,587 tons while they increased 16% compared with the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia took over South Korea to become the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 8,516 tons in September.
Imports for LLDPE were slightly up by 0.7% on the month while they rose 39% year-over-year to 45,164 tons in September. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 15,575 tons, followed by Iran (7, 189 tons) and Singapore (6,600 tons). In the meantime, Turkey imported 7,327 tons of mLLDPE in September, up 15% from August.
Imports for LDPE were down 23% month over month to 18,010 tons in September. Imports were also down by 31% compared to the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of Turkey with 3,087 tons, followed by Qatar (2,134 tons) and Belgium (2,015 tons).
HDPE imports were up by 6% in September on a monthly basis to 65,109 tons while they soared by 44% from a year earlier. Saudi Arabia remained the top supplier with 14,466 tons, followed by Iran (13,736 tons) and South Korea (12,860 tons)
Turkey’s PVC imports increased 15% from a month earlier to 74,967 tons in September. On a yearly basis, PVC imports were up 31%. The top PVC suppliers were France (13,909 tons), the US (9,601 tons) and Spain (8,049 tons).
Regarding styrenics, Turkey imported 24,283 tons of PS in September, down by 6% on the month but up 33% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 7,368 tons of exports. ABS imports declined 3.7% month over month to 12,519 tons in September, whereas they surged 41% on a yearly basis. South Korea remained as the top supplier by landslide with 7.513 tons in September.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s September imports for PET bottle dropped by 19% month over month to 20,953 tons. They spiked 79% on a yearly basis, however.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September