Turkey's and SE Asia’s import LDPE markets at a record discount to China
Based on ChemOrbis data, Turkey’s import LDPE film market has been traded below the Chinese market since the second half of October, with the gap between the two markets is currently standing at $133/ton. Last week, it was standing at a record high of $154/ton. As it can be seen in the below graph, in 2013 and 2014, a similar situation was observed with a respective discount of $140/ton and $120/ton, yet the gap was not as wide as today.
Southeast Asia’s import LDPE market has been experiencing a similar situation since the end of China’s National Day holidays. According to data, China’s LDPE film market is currently carrying a premium of $63/ton over the Southeast Asian LDPE markets while the gap had reached a record high of $96/ton three weeks ago. The graph also shows that this is the longest period that Southeast Asia is traded below China since 2008 when ChemOrbis began keeping records.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia