Turkey's and SE Asia’s import LDPE markets at a record discount to China
Based on ChemOrbis data, Turkey’s import LDPE film market has been traded below the Chinese market since the second half of October, with the gap between the two markets is currently standing at $133/ton. Last week, it was standing at a record high of $154/ton. As it can be seen in the below graph, in 2013 and 2014, a similar situation was observed with a respective discount of $140/ton and $120/ton, yet the gap was not as wide as today.
Southeast Asia’s import LDPE market has been experiencing a similar situation since the end of China’s National Day holidays. According to data, China’s LDPE film market is currently carrying a premium of $63/ton over the Southeast Asian LDPE markets while the gap had reached a record high of $96/ton three weeks ago. The graph also shows that this is the longest period that Southeast Asia is traded below China since 2008 when ChemOrbis began keeping records.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy