Turkey’s auto manufacturing, exports hit all-time record
The increase was attributed to higher investments and the recent demand growth in Europe, the major export destination for Turkish automobiles. In the past five years, the automotive manufacturing capacity of Turkey increased to 1.7 million units from 1.5 million units and it is expected to reach 1.9 million units this year owing to new investments.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s auto sales including heavy commercial vehicles surged 30% from a year earlier to reach to 848,000 units in the first eleven months of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets