Turkey’s auto manufacturing, exports hit all-time record
The increase was attributed to higher investments and the recent demand growth in Europe, the major export destination for Turkish automobiles. In the past five years, the automotive manufacturing capacity of Turkey increased to 1.7 million units from 1.5 million units and it is expected to reach 1.9 million units this year owing to new investments.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s auto sales including heavy commercial vehicles surged 30% from a year earlier to reach to 848,000 units in the first eleven months of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm