Turkey’s auto market grows 61.3% on year in 2020
Total automobile sales surged by 57.6% to 76,341 units when compared to 2019 and light vehicle sales saw a larger increase of 77.2% from a year earlier and became 162,679 units in 2020.
In December 2020, the passenger car and light commercial vehicle market increased by 15.2% compared to the same month of the previous year to 104,293 units.
In this period, automobile sales were up by 14% compared to December 2019 and rose to 80,721 units while light commercial vehicle sales increased by 19.8% to 23,572 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?