Turkey’s auto production at record high
The country’s automotive exports also climbed 24% to 984,404 units in first three quarters compared with the same period of last year.
As a major component of the automotive sector, Turkey’s automobile production in the first nine months of 2017 increased by 31% to reach 839,000 from the same period of 2016. This is marked as a record, as well. Automobile exports were also up by 38% on the year to 689,000.
However, the data showed that the total automotive market shrank by 2% to 643,000 units in January-September period while the automobile market declined by 3% to 447,000 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene