Turkey’s automobile production hits 10-year high in Q1
Total automotive production during the same period was also up by 23% annually while the automotive market shrank by 8%.
The data showed that Turkey’s automobile exports soared by 89% on a dollar basis in Q1 of 2017 when compared to the same period of last year at $3.013 billion while total automotive exports climbed by 25% to $7.085 billion year-on-year. The monthly increase of 32.5% in the country’s automotive exports in March was also the highest monthly increase of all times.
The exports to major automotive importers from Turkey, which are Italy, the UK and Germany, climbed respectively by 44.2%, 20% and 11.5% on year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September