Turkey’s automotive market contracts in Dec, expands in 2016
Passenger car sales decreased by 5.51% to 108,044 vehicles from 114,340 in the last year while sales for light commercial vehicle were down by 19.04% in December to 33,868 vehicles from 41,833 a year earlier.
Meanwhile, in 2016, Turkey’s passenger car and light commercial vehicle markets increased by 1.62% to 983,720 units when compared to 968,017 in the same period of last year. Passenger car sales in 2016 increased by 4.32% on the year to 756,938 units from 725,596 units recorded in the same period of 2015 while sales for light commercial vehicles in 2016 declined by 6.45% year over year to 226,782 units from 242,421 vehicles in the same period of the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures