Turkey’s automotive market expands 50% in Q1: ODD
Passenger car sales increased 42.13% from a year earlier to 126,991 vehicles from 89,347 units in the first three months of 2014 while sales for light commercial vehicle surged 78.43% in the first quarter of this year to 46,257 vehicles from a year earlier.
In March, meanwhile, Turkey’s passenger car and light commercial vehicle markets grew by 75.07% to 83,302 units when compared to the same period of last year. Passenger car sales increased 63.11% on the year to 61,676 units while sales for light commercial vehicle jumped 12.37% year over year to 21,626 vehicles in the first quarter of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May