Turkey’s automotive market grows 29% in October: ODD
Passenger car sales surged 32.93% to 63,746 vehicles from 47,954 in the last year while sales for light commercial vehicle rose 18.12% in October to 19,254 vehicles from 16,301 a year earlier.
In the January-October period of the year, meanwhile, Turkey’s passenger car and light commercial vehicle markets decreased by 1.06% to 719,499 units when compared to 727,243 in the same period of last year. Passenger car sales increased 0.77% on the year to 553,111 units from 548,859 units recorded in the same period of 2015 while sales for light commercial vehicles declined 6.72% year over year to 166,388 units from 178,384 vehicles in the January-October period of the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019