Turkey’s automotive market grows 40.3% in May: ODD
Passenger car sales surged 35.57% from a year earlier to 62,878 vehicles while sales for light commercial vehicle rose 58.95% in May to 18,664 vehicles from a year earlier.
In the first five months of the year, meanwhile, Turkey’s passenger car and light commercial vehicle markets grew by 52.8% to 346,392 units when compared to the same period of last year. Passenger car sales increased 45.71% on the year to 260,080 units while sales for light commercial vehicles jumped 79.06% year over year to 86,312 units from 48,203 vehicles in the January-May period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months