Turkey’s automotive market grows 40% in July
Passenger car sales surged 37.8% from a year earlier to 64,218 vehicles while sales for light commercial vehicle surged 47.45% in July to 19,618 vehicles from a year earlier.
In the first seven months of the year, meanwhile, Turkey’s passenger car and light commercial vehicle markets grew by around 49% to 516,386 units when compared to the same period of last year. Passenger car sales increased 44% on the year to 392,064 units while sales for light commercial vehicles jumped 67.12% year over year to 124,322 units from 74,393 vehicles in the first seven months of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns