Turkey’s capacity utilization steady at around three-year low
The capacity utilization rate was unchanged from the previous month at 74.1%, the lowest rate since March 2015.
Turkey’s capacity utilization rates for durable and non-durable goods inched down by 0.2% to 69.6% and by 1% to 73.4%, respectively. Capacity utilization rates for consumer goods were also down slightly by 0.8% to 72.8%, while the food and beverage sector decreased by 1.7% to 72.5% during the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm