Turkey’s central bank keeps interest rates unchanged
The bank kept its one week repo rate unchanged at 7.50%, the overnight lending rate at 10.75% and the overnight borrowing rate at 7.25%. Following the rate decision, the Turkish lira gained 0.6% to 2.61 against the dollar.
The central bank reported that uncertainty in global markets and increased food prices necessitates maintaining the cautious stance in monetary policy, stating that upcoming monetary policy decisions will depend on the improvements in the inflation outlook.
Previously, the central bank cut its one week fund rates to 4.5% from 7.5% for US dollars and to 2.5% from 6.5% for euros effective as of March 10, 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe