Turkey’s central bank trims rates for a 3rd straight month
The bank cut the overnight lending rate to 9.5% from 10% while keeping its benchmark one-week repo rate unchanged at 7.5% and its overnight borrowing rate at 7.25%. The central bank said that considering inflation expectations, pricing behavior and other factors affecting inflation, they will continue to follow a tight monetary policy. Officials reported limited improvement in Turkey’s core inflation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia