Turkey’s central bank trims rates for a 3rd straight month
The bank cut the overnight lending rate to 9.5% from 10% while keeping its benchmark one-week repo rate unchanged at 7.5% and its overnight borrowing rate at 7.25%. The central bank said that considering inflation expectations, pricing behavior and other factors affecting inflation, they will continue to follow a tight monetary policy. Officials reported limited improvement in Turkey’s core inflation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand