Turkey’s central bank unexpectedly lowers interest rates
According to some economists, easing global volatility following the US Fed’s decision to slow down the pace of their interest rate hikes this year as well as the European Central Bank’s additional stimulus package announcement was cited as the main factor behind the bank’s decision. In addition, Turkey’s lower than expected inflation rate in February strengthened the central bank’s hand to loosen its monetary policy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets